photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Comfort in 26.2 Ways

I was expecting to share with you all the wonderful adventures of New Mexico today.
Unfortunately, I come with a mournful spirit instead.
It utterly breaks my heart that there are such cruel people in the world.
 
The tragedy yesterday in Boston hit home,
being that I celebrated my first marathon a little over a month ago.
What I know should be such a celebration..
a time to rejoice in great accomplishments..
has now been violated for so many.
 
Is there no safe haven any longer?
Can I run a marathon without the fear of destruction?
 
I pray for the family of the lost and injured ones.
I cannot imagine the pain they are induring this morning.
I also pray for the runner's who might not ever feel safe running a race again.
 
But I wish to bring hope.
And comfort.
In a time when hope in the world might seem at a loss.....
 

So here is 26.2 reasons to be comforted on a day when America cries..
 
1.
Matthew 5:4Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
 
2.
Psalm 23:4Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
 
3.
Psalm 27:1The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?
 
4.
Luke 12:7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
 
5.
John 14:27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
 
6.
Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
 
7.
Proverbs 3:24When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
 
8.
Deuteronomy 31:8The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
 
9.
Joshua 1:9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
 
10.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
 
11.
2Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
 
12.
2Samuel 22:3-4
.. my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. 4 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
 
13.
Isaiah 41:10 
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 
14.
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
 
15.
Psalm 121:7-8
The LORD will keep you from all evil....
16.
Romans 8:31
If God is for us, who can be against us?
 
17.
John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart!
And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives,
so don't be troubled or afraid.
 
18.
Matthew 11:28
Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
 
19.
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
 
20.
Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those
who are crushed in spirit.
 
21.
Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
 
22.
Psalm 30:5Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoice comes in the morning.
 
23.
Isaiah 25:8
..The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth...
 
24.
Nahum 1:7
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him,
 
25.
Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever;
He will be our guide even to the end.
 
26.
Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain..
 
26.2
2 Corinthians 1:3-4Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles,
so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
 
 
God, let me understand that you are always in control.
Even among such evil, that your power is greater than all evil in the world.
For I put my trust and hope in you.
And that gives me comfort...
Amen.
 
 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment