photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Thursday, February 21, 2013

26.2 Verses to Run With

I wish this was an original idea, but I stole the idea from another runner's blog..but I just had to share. It seemed pretty fitting, with all my nerves and excitement for the big Marathon on Sunday!
 
I wish I could tattoo all of these on my arm!... or maybe have it going through my headphones after each mile. I have highlighted a few of my faves.
 

 
Mile 1: Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of age. Matthew 28:20


Mile 2: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
 
Mile 3: I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as the mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. Matthew 17:20
 
Mile 4: To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. Luke 19:26
 
Mile 5: I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
Mile 6: Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see. Hebrews 11:1
 
Mile 7: ‘I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.’ Jeremiah 29:11
 
Mile 8: Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. I Timothy 4:12
 
Mile 9: We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
 
Mile 10: Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1
 
Mile 11: Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5
 
Mile 12: With God’s help we will do mighty things. Psalm 60:12
 
Mile 13: We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3
 
Mile 14: We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:9
 
Mile 15: The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
 
Mile 16: Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
 
Mile 17: It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5
 
Mile 18: Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded. Chronicles 15:7
 
Mile 19: Whatever you do, do it well. Ecclesiastes 9:10
 
Mile 20: He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. Psalm 91:11
 
Mile 21: Anything is possible if a person believes. Mark 9:23
 
Mile 22: The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38
 
Mile 23: I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize… Philippians 3:13
 
Mile 24: Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17
 
Mile 25: I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
 
Mile 26: Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
 

Mile 26.2

Psalm 26:2

Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind.
 
Wish me luck!
 
 
 

1 comment: