photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Thursday, May 30, 2013

World Orphans

 photo cd7578744c4cb7813c42362645b5bc84_zps4730c590.jpg

Right now, there are between 143-210 million orphans in the world.
About every 2 seconds a child loses a parent somewhere in the world.
Everyday over 5,000 children in the world become orphans.
In Africa, HIV/AIDS alone has orphaned up to 15 million children, and expected to rise.
Over 1 billion children are deprived of basic necessities like food, water and sanitation.
In the next 3 years it is projected there will be 400 million orphaned children in the world...
These statistics break my heart.

Can you imagine not knowing 
if you were ever going to say the words mommy and daddy?
Could you imagine not even knowing the words mommy and daddy?
Or never being told that you were loved?

I am stunned by how many sweet little lives that need a home and someone to just love them.
I want to adopt them all.

I can't help but think of the innocent souls in the world, 
who will never have the someone I had as a child..
Someone to read them a story before they fall asleep.
Someone to lay beside their bed while they are sick.
Someone to cheer them on as they score their first goal.
Someone to teach them how to tie their shoe.
Someone to pack a sweet note in their lunchbox on the first day of school.
Someone to take them to church.
Someone to encourage them to go after their dreams.
Someone to say the words, "I love you".

It has given me a strong desire to teach at an orphanage one day.
I long to share my love with these sweet little souls..
because I have been loved so dearly.

I have fallen in love with the phrase...
To Whom much is Given,
Much is required.
(Luke 12:48)
Given><Give

I am reminded of my favorite childhood song...

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white.
All are precious in his sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

And so should we!

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.

If you feel it in you to give,
these are several sites I have found with awesome t shirts you can purchase. 
The money goes toward helping orphans, or a family trying to adopt an orphan.
My favorite t shirt is from Thirty-One, 
but they are all great and go toward an awesome cause!


I came across World Orphans Blog while doing some research, with a post that struck my heart,
This site caught my eye, and gives people a great opportunity to give back.
You can click the picture if you want to check it out!

 photo 1b23e026-e3df-4eca-a7cf-77c4412adb3d_zpsc971aa7c.jpg

 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Orphan care in my neighnorhood and worldwide is so my heart, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Emily! I love your blog by the way!

      Delete
  2. Hi my name is Ashley. I'm an avid blogger and Creative Graphics & Web Designer. I am stopping by your blog from Aloha Blog Hop. I would love it if you would stop by ours as well. We have an awesome giveaway running right now. A winner will be chosen June 15th. Come join in on the fun!

    Website/Blog: www.ashleychapmandesigns.com/blog

    Thanks so much!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete