photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Monday, September 24, 2012

Beautifully Broken Introduction and the Bummer Lamb

Hey guys! I'm new to the blogging world. I am also not the most eloquent writer, so bear with me through this journey.
 
I am sure you are probably wondering what it means to be beautifully broken?At one time I would have thought to be broken is not a beautiful thing at all...man was I wrong! Beautifully broken is to be wounded or bruised by events in our life, but through those times we find ourselves running to God. God loves the broken, because in the darkness is when we need him the most, therefore our relationships with him grow stronger and more beautiful! Makes more sense now, right? 
 
This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Women of Faith, which was one of the most spiritual events in my life! I had the privilege of listening to inspirational christian women like Sheila Walsh. She actually wrote a book called God Loves Broken People. I strongly recommend it, I am only 30 pages into and am blown away. I would love to share a story from the book.

In the second chapter she tells a story about bummer lambs. A bummer lamb is a lamb that has been abandoned my its mother. Sometimes a mother lamb will have a lamb and have nothing to do with it. She will even go to the lengths of literally kicking the baby away. That is when the Shepherd comes in. The shepherd does everything the mother would do, taking care of it, nurture it, like the mother would. If the bummer lamb does not depend on the Shepherd, it will die. If the bummer lamb looks to the shepherd, it survives.

It is remarkable, when the shepherd walks up to a herd of sheep the bummer lamb will be the first to run to him!
 
Wow! I never knew this, but it makes sense why in the bible Jesus is referred to as the shepherd and the lamb of God...How many times do we find ourselves as the bummer lamb, broken and running after the shepherd, God? Without him, we will not survive. We need him to be our Shepherd! This was an incredibly beautiful analogy and had to share.
 
I hope that you find inspiration in this blog. I hope to share stories of encouragement and faith as often as possible. Each time I will leave you with one of my favorite verses and worship songs. Today's is related to being broken. How convenient, right?
 
Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." <--How amazing!
 
My inspiring song of the day is "Run to You" Third Day
 
AND Here is the link below to Sheila's book on Amazon, God Loves Broken People.
 

 
 


3 comments:

  1. You are very amazing I wish you the best and i hope to see further post from further you further. You are very beautiful and inspire me to achieve very beautiful things also. I am not seriously devoted to the church of any religion, but your words help me none the less. thank you Aeron and good luck to your future beautiful tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeron, I am excited to see this journey via blog form. I am praying for you and that the enemy would not get you down through this. It can be scary putting information out there and exposing self, but I promise if you stay faithful to the Lord and dig in His word and keep lining up your heart with His it won't matter what you share! Keep it up and Smile always! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you both for your encouraging comments! I love hearing this and it fuels me to write even more. God bless you both!

      Delete