photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, November 2, 2012

Bless the Broken Road

Short post today. I had a difficult time elaborating..but felt there was really no need to say in several words, what can be said in a few.

I was listening to Pandora Radio yesterday, when "Bless the Broken Road", by Rascal Flatts started playing.

I have not heard this song in a few years, and sad I have been missing out.

I started listening to the words, really listening. Immediately, I realized that it fit perfectly with my life, and was a beautiful comparison to my relationship with God.

The funny thing is, a few years ago this song would not have meant as much to me.  Like in the song, I was going along 'my narrow way'.

Life happened.

Dreams for a certain future, were lost.

God had a different plan for me.

My road was broken.

All the twists and turns led me to His 'loving arms'.

If my road had not been broken, I might not have been led to where He wanted me to be.
I cannot even imagine my relationship with Him being as deep, if I would not have traveled this 'broken road'. The things I would have missed out on! The relationships I have made... The trials, that made me appreciate Life... So many things, would cease to exist. It has made me view my journey a little differently.

The words in this song that will stay with me the longest are, 'it's all part of a grander plan'! ..What truth!
I know there is a design. He is the designer. I have no clue what plan I am a part of, but He is up there, orchestrating it.

God Bless my Broken Road...for it led me straight to Him.


Proverbs 3:5-6...one of my favorites.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and He will direct your paths."

"Bless the Broken Road" Rascal Flatts...Soak in these lyrics.

 
I had to share with you a picture of my two adorable nieces on Halloween.
I died laughing when I saw these two....How cute is this?!
 
I hope it brings a smile to your face like it did mine.
Have a Beautiful weekend!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment