photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, November 30, 2012

Bring On The Rain

As I drove to work, it was a cloudy day with the flash of rain in the distance. I was listening to Pandora and the song playing was, "Bring On The Rain" by Jo Dee Messina. Convenient on a day like this.

I could not get enough of the song. I went to youtube and listened to it again before arriving at my destination. I let the feeling of the lyrics steep a little longer.

My mind went back to the most difficult season in my life, recalling the words, "I am not afraid; I was born to do this." {Joan of Arc}.

That season in my life is the inspiration behind anything good that comes from my writing.

It brought a new form to my life.

Like a season, it comes back to me every once in a while. I am truly humbled. It is sometimes bittersweet. I am grateful for the trials, only wishing it did not come with such a price.

My heart knows God has perfect planning in all his works. He is knitting the way for all of us. Whatever comes my way, I realize I was born to do this. Overcome. He would not have it any other way.

God only gives us what we can handle. It may be surprising when storms blow our way, knowing He believes we can take on the rain..

As my thoughts ponder, my eyes scan the distant rain coming my way.

My heart is warm with comfort, and I smile. I say to myself, bring on the rain.

It starts to pour.

The rain washes over me and I feel Him more than ever.

I end today by leaving you with my absolute resolution and the reassurance... "if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain" (Hosea 6:3)



My precious mother gave me a sign in my storm, that says these words...

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment