photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What The World Needs...

Hugs.

I had a gentleman come into our office yesterday, such a sweet man. Before leaving, he asked if he could have a hug. You don't have to ask me twice. Talk about all smiles, not him but me. It made my day.

I am a huge fan, always have been and always will be.

Hugging is good medicine, seriously. Hugs are good for your health. I speak the truth.
When we hug someone oxytocin is released. Oxytocin lowers cortisol levels. Cortisol is responsible for stress, high blood pressure, and heart disease.

A hug's effects are immediate, for both the hugger and the hugged.

I like to embrace my family/friends and even acquaintances. It is just who I am.

It communicates a feeling, with no words. I think of the situations I hug people and what they indicate.
  • I hug my niece when she is scared, to make her feel safe.
  • I hug a someone before a big game, for encouragement.
  • I hug someone after a losing a game for that matter, for comfort.
  • I hug a person to console them after they have lost someone dear.
  • I hug a friend to congratulate them.
  • I hug someone I haven't seen in a while, to let them know they are missed.
  • I hug my family and friends, because I love them.
                              .......You get the picture. I am a hugger.

Paul was a hugger. He hugged people back to health, it was his style. Acts 20:10

The father hugged his prodigal son when he came home. Luke 15:20

This should be duly noted, as well. John 13:23
(John's posture, similar to hug. This is pointed out for a reason..affection from Jesus.)

Jesus hugged.
               "15 I assure you that whoever doesn't welcome God's kingdom
                like a child will never enter it." 16 Then he hugged the children and blessed them."

There is a ministry of hugs, an expression of Jesus. How Godlike a hug can be.

Note, Jesus loves to be hugged. Present tense. Is that not what we are doing when we embrace others, hugging Jesus too? He wants to hug us, and that is through people. Jesus did say, what we do to other people we do to him.

I think we should all make a point to hug someone, each and every day of our life.

If you are not hugging, you are missing out.

Look at the sign I found...Perfect.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment