photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Living For the Day

Since it is midweek, it is an opportune moment to talk about living for the day. I find myself a tad bit antsy by Wednesday, ready for the weekend to roll around. My mind is already tuned in for the next big event. Let me bring to light my recent discovery. If I am eager for what the future holds, I might just miss out on the blessings today can bring me. Life could just pass me by...

Every week it is the same thing. You ask me how my weeks going, I respond, "Just ready for the weekend".


So do I just live for the weekend?

I had to check myself. What if I have just been living to my full potential on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...and the other four days I had no expectations for the day? I saved my 'leftover' energy for God, for the weekends.

It is funny, I am surprised when a Tuesday turns out to be a better day than my Friday. How is this possible? God does not care what day of the week it is...this means nothing to Him. Every day is one to be grateful for our existence. Every day is a gift from Him. I had this wonderful professor in college, who would say every day when he walked in, "Every day I wake up above the ground is a good day!"...I will always admire him for this statement. He is the type you look at in envy, and think "wish I was more like him."

It is possible. I could possess that mentality.

So, I need to take complete advantage of today. It could be an opportunity to share the gospel with a stranger, who has yet to discover His absolute love.

Today, could be that beautiful. I automatically think of how Confucious put it,  "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." I am learning to see beauty in the present.

Please forgive me for my next discernment. I hope you do not think this a melancholy thought. What if tomorrow or the weekend never came? Tomorrow is not promised. (Proverbs 27:1)

What do people say?.... You tend to not truly be grateful for what you had, until it is gone.

So, I am going to try out a new routine. I am going to live for today, not yesterday, not tomorrow. I am no longer loaning my thoughts out to another day.

1 Corinthians 7:17 (From the Message version)
"And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. "

"Live For The Day" Natalie Grant (This song could be more perfect for the topic.)

I was a little too fired up about this. Sorry, I could not stop with the quotes. They are all irrefutable.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment