photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Anxiously Waiting

I was at Subway the other day (the one inside Wal Mart), patiently waiting in line. What am I saying? I was starving, needed sustenance, and patience was not my closest friend.  Food seemed eons away.

As minutes passed, I was aware that it could be another ten minutes before I even ordered. I decided to just grab something from the deli. While checking out, I noticed the man who had been behind me in the line at Subway, leaving Wal Mart, with his delicious sandwich. I looked down at my pitiful ham on white bread. Realizing if I had been patient, I could have walked out with a more appetizing lunch.

Frustrated, I had given up. If I had just waited a few more minutes...

"Good things come to those who wait."

Perhaps we have a dream that we cannot make a reality. Rather than holding a one more minute, we give up. Maybe if we would have tried just once more, we would be reaping the harvest.  Whatever it may be, we all have a harvest from Jesus, which He longs to bless us with. We must not grow weary or become impatient. Isaiah 40:31

If the easier and quicker path is taken, we might just miss out on the 'more appetizing' plan He had in store for us.

Galations 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

"Steady My Heart" Kari Jobe


 



2 comments:

  1. Aeron,
    I love your posts. I think they are so inspirational and are awesome because they keep reminding me to check myself.
    Thanks for writing them
    Alisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alisha. You have no idea how much your encouragement means to me.

      Delete