photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Monday, November 12, 2012

Everything is Yours

Yours. Mine. Ours.

I am going to share a story I heard a few weeks ago. A friend was talking with this young child, I think he was six or seven years old. I honestly cannot remember the exact conversation. However, it led to my friend asking the young boy who gave him the shirt he was wearing.

The boy replied, "Jesus gave me this shirt."

"No, who bought you that shirt?" My friend asked again.

"Jesus."..the boy replied, puzzled.

After a moment of thought, he realized the child's view was quite accurate and not to be deterred.

This simple story got me thinking...Do we comprehend and accept what is ours, does not really belong to us? Psalm 24:1

When I went to the source, I discovered it is mentioned numerous times in the bible.
Psalm 50:10
Psalm 50:12
Haggai 2:8
1 Chronicle 29:11

Call me crazy, but I am convince God was/is trying to make this clear.

I pondered on this... Deuteronomy 8:17-18
You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”  But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

I am teaching myself to grasp,  I am sitting in God's chair, on His computer, in His air that I breathe. It is not easy, especially when your brain has been captured by the word, mine.

Since I have been trying to embrace the concept everything is His, it makes me feel somewhat special.  Special, because he has entrusted to me with His resources: His money, home, car, gifts, abilities, and even time. Leviticus 25:23

Also, He excites in our stewardship!

Example, I give my niece ten dollars. In a selfless act, she chooses to purchase a toy for a child less fortunate, rather than keep it to herself.

I smile. One proud aunt.

He smiles when he sees us do the same. Like a proud parent, can you see Him looking down us, turning to the angels proclaiming "That's my boy/girl!"

Deuteronomy 10:14
"To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it."

"Everything is Yours" Audrey Assad



 


No comments:

Post a Comment