photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Walking with God

For weeks I have been telling myself I would make extended quiet time for God. Yesterday, I finally made time.

I usually run a 6 mile block for my workout on Monday. I decided to walk instead. Some might think, I would rather walk.... Well, walking is not only difficult for me to handle but it doubles my workout time. I kept longing to break out in a run for the first mile or two.  My focus was a little shaky in the beginning...

I have adopted the bad habit of needing music on my runs. I did not take my phone, ipod or anything that would be a distraction. What I realized yesterday is that the music has blinded me from seeing His beautiful creations around me. Have you ever passed by the same place everyday only to discover something beautiful on the hundredth day, that you never had seen before?

Sometimes I need to 'stop and smell the roses'. I take his beautiful creations for granted, everyday... How blessed am I, to live in such a magnificent countryside, He created!

I can only imagine how glorious our next life will be, to walk with God for eternity. While walking down the peaceful road, I was overcome with emotion. I thought to myself how wonderful it is to just be with God, Him alone. Why have I waited so long to take a walk with him?



At one point, something stopped me, in the middle of the road. I was mesmerized by the rays of sunshine coming through the trees. If I could picture God, this would be it. It was just God and me in this moment. I stood there for a while, just soaking it in.

As I rounded a corner I came upon this magnificent green pasture. It was sunset and everything the light touched seemed to sparkle. My mind went to the scene in Gladiator at the end of the movie when Maximus, the main character, is walking through the wheat field. It is his heaven.

That pasture could have been my heaven. I was captivated. I longed to walk through it...perhaps this is a millionth of what it feels like to be with God in heaven.

I did not want the time to end. Discovering the true beauty in our quiet time, I cannot wait for our next walk. I wanted to keep walking with Him yesterday.

Epiphany.. He is always walking with me.

Psalm 23:1-3
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."


"Beautiful" Phil Wickham

 



No comments:

Post a Comment