photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wearing a Mask {Part 2}

We had the most fun Saturday night for my baby sister's graduation party.
It was 'dress up as a movie character', or more like a costume party.
I was Rapunzel from "Tangled", if you hadn't figured it out.
We also created a fun Photo Booth, I think the adults had more fun with it than the kiddos!

It was beyond ironic, that last night, someone brought up wearing a mask at church.
I thought back to the post I wrote several months ago, titled Wearing A Mask.
You can read it, here.
Because, I am going to be redundant today...

This is a topic that hits home.
For too long I wore a mask.
I tried to pretend my life was perfect.
Maybe not perfect, but definitely that nothing wrong was going on.
Every time I smiled, I felt like a liar.
I felt it was a role I had to play as a Christian.
But it wasn't, and it's not.
I eventually let it go.
I found out
that being your true self is the most 
relieving feeling.
Because He knows my true self, and my sufferings..
Like my Grandma always said, He knows the number of hairs on my head!

I wasn't the only person wearing a mask.
Along this journey, sharing my story with those close,
I was amazed to discover others who were hiding behind one too.
I think of what C.S. Lewis said,
"Friendship is born the moment when one person says to another,
'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"

If you are hiding behind one and take the courage to let your guard down,
you could, and most likely, will inspire others to take off their mask.

It is a comfort to know that we all have 
pain,
brokenness,
a past...
and that at one time or another we have all hid behind a mask..
And an incredible assurance that we no longer have to!

Before I forget, again. I've been meaning to write this..
Go Spurs Go!
Have I ever mentioned I'm a San Antonio Spurs fan?
My Spurs just dominated in the Western Conference Finals!
...Tim Duncan will always hold a special place in my heart.

(My g-parents, adorable)

Click below to find where I printed the photo props from, if you want to do a photo booth!
I printed them on white card stock and hot glued them to skewers.
(I doubled up the card stock to make them hold better)
Then I just draped black material on a wall..
Seriously, so easy and it was the most fun!

 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment