photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, March 15, 2013

You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile

Recently, I have had several 'grocery store' convos. One conversation was about grocery stores in South Dakota. People do not go down an aisle if someone is already on that aisle, is that not the craziest thing you have ever heard?!
 
It seems extreme, but I decided to give something a shot yesterday...
I was in Wal Mart for an hour, up and down most of the aisles pushing my little cart. As a stranger approached I would look them straight in the eyes, smiling the whole way. ONCE, only one time did a sweet older gentleman meet my eyes and smile back. We exchanged a simple hello, how are you...it was the most pleasant encounter ever! Maybe because I was searching for it.
 
I have noticed any eye contact with strangers at a grocery store, is near impossible! Seriously, try it!

 
That gentleman had no idea that his smile would lift my spirits!
 
What if a smile and hello made the day of a stranger?


 
I seem to get caught up in Aeron's world...I'm sure we all do! Going about my own business, paying no attention to those around me. Looking at magazines in the checkout, looking away as I am approaced on an aisle.
 
Last week I was given some steps on loving God. One was to DESIRE the company of His people. Does that not include strangers?
 
I think my aunt is a perfect example of this. She is an incredible woman, the type who never meets a stranger! She can go into a grocery store and come out with 5 new friends! This woman longs to share her life with others. What an awesome description of love. It is not just loving God, He wants us to love others too!
 
So your duty for the next time you go to the grocery store, wear a smile! Look that stranger in the eye! You'll eventually catch someone's eye. You think you're making their day, but it brings joy to your soul knowing you've experienced the love God wants us to share.
 
Watch out for the creepers though...
 
1 Thessalonians 2:8
...so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well!
 

 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment