photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hurts to Hallelujahs

It sat on the edge of my desk.
Black
and white.
Embossed with a cross on the worn cover, with the title reading..
 
The Holy Bible.
It was a target.
 
  
I was once told that when you are in the light you see more of the dark.
AND
All the trials and tribulations we go through are directly linked to the glory coming our way.
 
Persecution. We should rejoice in it, for great our reward will be in Heaven...
 
Rejoice? Be happy? About persecution?...

This is too bittersweet, an emphasis on the bitter for me.
 
I cannot handle confrontation, never have. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth!
 
Back in High school I carried my Bible to school. I would pull it out in down time, until one day, a 'friend' sent me a message. She commented on how hypocritical I was for carrying a Bible around at school..it was a lengthy message, as I read the knife in my heart twisted in all different directions.
 
I started questioning my intentions. I questioned God. How could I be doing what I thought was noble and of good character, but be hit with such criticism and hatred? Was my 'friend' right?
 
I so badly wanted to be accepted, and not looked at as a hypocrit. So I stopped carrying to to school.
Until I shared my situation with another friend, who then shared with me this verse....opening my eyes to a completely different level in my relationship with God.
 
Matthew 5:11-12
"When you are reviled and persecuted and lied about because you are My followers, wonderful! Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a tremendous reward awaits you up in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted too."
 
I started carrying my Bible to school again.

I realized that walking with God, in the light, you tend to see MORE of the darkness. The enemy doesn't give up when you decide to join God's team, they keep on throwing stones at you!..working in every way to turn you to their side.

The disciple life is not an easy one. It IS the one I was called to live when I CHOSE to live for Him.

It makes sense. I heard a wise person say a few weeks back..
JUST believing Jesus is the son, is not enough. Even the devil believes He is the Son. (Wowzer)
So...I have to take it further than just believing. I have to LIVE MY LIFE FOR HIM! And all those hurts are worth the Hallelujahs to come!

And if one day, this means I will go on to a better place after death..
I'll take the Disciple's life for 9,999+ persecutions, please! :)
2 Timothy 3:12
In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.
Matthew 5:10-12 
“Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them. Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU."

..Yes He is talking to You.

Switchfoot is awesome, by the way... "Meant for More" Switchfoot

 

No comments:

Post a Comment