photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, March 8, 2013

Green With Envy

True story.

I click on over to Cara Loren's blog. I start scrolling through her page.... I become covetous. I want her hair. I want her clothes. I want her life. Then I start looking for flaws, searching for that imperfection. Comparing what I have that is better....All in 60 seconds.


Jealousy.
Envy.
An emotional rivalry.
Competition.
Threatening.
....Feelings toward another person's advantages or accomplishments.
....Resentment toward a more fortunate person.
This is what google says jealousy is.

I say it is..

Ugly.
It is cruel.
It is despicable.
It is insecure.
It is selfish.


 

It is NOT..
love.

Jealousy is an awful disease.

I have seen it rip apart friendships and prevent new relationships.

What is it about girls?

We know this is more of a woman's tendency. Is it our desire to be perfect? And every time we think we have it down, we turn around and some girl has done it better!

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?

It IS one of the ten commandments!
Exodus 20:17 You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.
Proverbs 4:13 "A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot. "

Jealousy is not being satisfied with what God has given us.

WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT?

1. Figure out what your insecurity is and get rid of it! Pray about it.

God says, we are all fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

2. Side with 'the coveted'. Get on her team. It is hard to hate someone when you are their friend.

Jesus told us to Love one another as ourself. John 13:34

3.4.5.
Be content.
Be happy.
Be thankful.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

AND...
Discover that inner beauty that I know God gave you!

Do something for me after you read this, please.
Say a prayer to God, JUST thanking Him...For all that He has given or done for you.

I think it is important to keep in check of all the good we are blessed with and let Him know we acknowledge it!

Thank you, to all of my sweet readers! Love you guys dearly for all the sweet compliments I continue to get..I should say thank you to YOU, (the reader), as well.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Aeron! I think it is something that we all deal with in one way or another.. especially in blogland! But God made us uniquely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittany! I love hearing such encouragement.

      Just checked your blog out, LOVE it!!!... Refreshing to see such work for God! Feel free to share my blog with others!!

      Delete
  2. I recently wrote a post titled "Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful." It's so important to understand what God has placed us here for, and that is simply to give the world what no one else can give it: YOU. The blogosphere is such an amazing place, full of beautiful and inspiring women especially. I'm so glad you've joined it and I can't wait to read more of YOUR story. Always remember that you are needed here. Your unique perspective and approach to your faith and to life (family, fashion, etc.) as a result of that incredible faith will move and inspire people. Thanks for sharing your heart honestly in this post!

    ReplyDelete