photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pause on Purpose (Part II)

 
If you read yesterday's post Pause on Purpose then perhaps you set aside 60 seconds to talk with God.
I hope you did!
But if not, no biggy, I forgot too!
We will try again today.
I love Grace and how God constantly forgives. He forgets my mishaps as much as I forget to pray!
He is pretty awesome, I must say.
 
Funny story about my 60 seconds.
So..I missed mine completely.
I have my cell phone set to military time.
I like it, I don't know why...
Anywhoo, I set my time to 4:08. Whoops!
What a lovely surprise when my alarm went off at 4:08 this morning!!
If you know military time, my mistake was not setting it to 1608, which is 4:08 P.M.!
Haha, silly me.


The 60 seconds set time to God, was not my original idea, but all the same I am sharing it with you.
I think it is a great way to refocus.
I get caught up in all the worries and stress of the day I lose my fuel.
Last night I went to bed on a somber note.
 
I did roll over in exhaustion at 4:09 a.m. and prayed, and I think I needed my 60 seconds more today than yesterday!
God has impeccable timing!
(I'll talk about that more this week)
 
I woke up two hours later with complete JOY and rejuvenation!
It reminded me of the verse..
Psalm 30:5
...weeping may stay for the night,
but joy comes in the morning.
 
Just one minute, that is all it may take.
It can be as simple as
"Hey God, thank you for waking me up this morning... I love you!"
That one minute will eventually turn into two, then three, and before you know it, an unlimited time in thought with Him.
It is rewarding, trust me.
 
It's like running. You start at small.
One mile the first day, two the next and before you know it.. you are running a marathon!
 
 Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment