photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Letting Go

I am a perfectionist.
It is my least favorite attribute.
It deters me from living.
Living fully.
I want my life to be perfect.
I have to plan it all out.
I have to be in full control.
What comes with wanting perfect is losing.
Losing myself.

I spend so much time worrying.
About how not perfect life is.
I lose it all together.
I carry this burden.
A burden to solve problems.
A burden to want others to desire God as much as I do.
I dream about it everyday.
About a perfect world.
One where everyone is happy.
Everything is rainbows and butterflies.
Then I wake up.
In an imperfect world.
Full of imperfect beings.
The burden lies there.
Pulling at every muscle in my body.
Weighing me down.
 Until I stand it no longer.
I fall to the ground.
Then it happens.
I am right where I should be.
On my knees.
Praying.
My strength builds.
I stand back up.
My world is still there.
Not perfect.
But I smile anyway.
I let it go.
Because I let Him in.
 
 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment