photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Monday, October 22, 2012

Running in the Dark (Part 2)

I was given many wonderful and profound thoughts the other day on my morning run. I could not even fit it on one post! If you haven't read Part 1, I recommend you doing so. I would hate for you to be lost.

It is a fairly short thought boggling around in my brain, but too important to leave out.

Carrying a light in the darkness does not only make the road visible, but myself visible as well. I understand it is a good thing. If someone were to be running along the road and see my light, I could help guide them. It is important to share your light with those not yet blessed with receiving it.

However, not all runners I encounter are searching the light for good intentions. You carry the light, for the future followers of God.... AND unfortunately, the enemy. With a light, I am a target in the dark. I have to focus on the path I am running. I cannot be swayed to a different route, one that might seem easier. I know there will be runners who deceive me, saying "This path is quicker, easier and looks more beautiful, even in the dark".  The truth is their route, is longer, more exhausting, and the battery for my light will go dead.  It is said, in John 12:35 "..You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going."

In the past couple of months, I have been completely overcome with such joy and passion for God. Coincidently, many things have been thrown my way that leave a bad taste in my mouth...

A very wise woman told me recently, "When you are walking in the light, you have the ability to see more of what lies in the darkness. That it is a gift, God has now given you, to see light from dark!"

HE does not promise it will be an easy run. But He does promise He will be there, running right beside me.

Would you like some EXCITING news?!
I know eventually, there will be a day we will not have to run in the darkness any longer! For we will be in a place where the sun shines, ALL THE DAY LONG!



John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

"From The Inside Out" Seventh Day Slumber This song fits because of the line "Your light shines when all else fades"...Truth.





No comments:

Post a Comment