photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, October 5, 2012

Running Through the Rain..

Happy Friday my friends! I want to share a short story today that I read the other day, something about it melted my heart. I just adore children. Their stories just brighten my face and bring so much light into the world! And I just love how sweetly simple minded they are.

A little girl, not even six years old was waiting with her mom inside of Wal Mart one day while it was pouring rain. Several people were standing there as well waiting for the rain to pass.

The young girl turned to her mom at one point and said "Mom, let's run through the rain!"..the mom responded "No it's pouring down rain, we need to wait until it stops."...the little one waited a moment then repeated "Mom lets run through the rain"..."We'll get soaked!" the mom exclaimed. "No, no we won't. That's not what you said this morning." ...the confused mother replied "Umm, this morning? What are you talking about?". "Mommy this morning you were talking to dad about his cancer and told him 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything.' "

Everyone in the crowd stood silently, no one said a word.

Not one person came or left. People could have laugh, brushed her comment off, ignored her or thought her silly. This can be a defining moment of faith in a young child's life, when innocence can be nurtured and bloom to an incredible faith! After a moment of long silence the mom finally replied "You're absolutely right, let's run through the rain..if God gets us wet maybe we needed the washing." And off they ran!

A few people followed them, running and laughing like small children. Everyone did get wet, no more like soaked, but I guess they needed the washing..

How precious is that story? So simple but yet has so much truth. I wish I could always see things as the young girl in the story did. She views God as being able to get us through anything, even the rain! And she would be right...


 
This is my niece I thought of when I read the story.
Look at this little cutie, precious right?
 
 
Matthew 17:20
"..I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment