photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Thursday, July 25, 2013

They Are New Every Morning



Wow.
Seriously, wow.

Time and time again, I have read this chapter.
Never once did it fully sink in... until last night.
Sitting on my bed I casually flip to Lamentations,
looking for the verse "..they are new every morning..".
I start reading the first of the chapter.
I immediately am captured by the first words..
"I am the man who has seen affliction.."
As I read it over and over, chills run over me.
I think this is me, and
I continue reading...

"he has driven me into the darkness, without any light" 
(I've been there)
....
"he has broken my bones"
(very broken)
...
"with bitterness and tribulation"
(exactly)
...
"he has made me dwell in darkness"
(at one time)
....
"he has filled me with bitterness"
(yes)
....
"I have forgotten what happiness is"
(truth)

It all hit home, every stitch.
My heart aches.
But then I read the words of truth that carry me on.

"the love of the Lord never ceases"..
(Never!)
...
"His mercies never come to an end"
(Yes!)
...
"they are new every morning"
(Every single day!)
...
"the Lord is my portion, therefore I will hope in Him"
(Hope is my anchor!)
...
"the Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
to the soul who seeks Him"
(Waiting patiently!)
....
"I called on your name O Lord,
from the depths of the pit"
(After I fell to my knees!)
...
"you heard my plea"
(He listened!)
....
"you came near when I called on you"
(He was always there!)
...
you said, "Do not fear!"
(And I stopped being afraid!)

"Sometime the sun seems hidden for years...
We never walk alone, this is our hope.
Our hope endures, the worst of conditions..." 
words from Natalie Grant's 'Our Hope Endures'.

Lamentations 3, always close to my heart.
Thank you, God.
For you brought me out of the pit.
Every morning, a new day,
a new journey,
another chance to shine your light.
Always yours...

 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment