photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Losing Yourself.




Losing.
Who said losing was bad?

First I need to apologize for all the grammatical errors in my post yesterday.
I wrote it in haste.

Let me refocus.
I teach 5th graders, so I bunny trail like my 
students sometimes.

Losing.
Losing loved ones.
Losing money.
Losing your home.
Loss.
This is NOT the losing I want to share with you.
This kind of loss is hard, it's life, but still hard.

I'm talking about a different kind of lost today.

Losing yourself.
Yesterday, I wrote about how sometimes I 
feel fake.
Like I really don't know me.
I'm here to say I realized last night
I don't want to know me!

"What!?", you may be thinking.

It is the truth!
I give up on knowing me.
..and this is why.

I read something very profound last night,  by C.S. Lewis,
in his book Mere Christianity ,
about losing yourself.

IF ANYTHING PLEASE READ THIS!
It is incredible.

 -------------------------------
"Our real, new self 
(which is Christ's and also yours, and yours just because it is His) 
will not come as long as you are looking for it. 

It will come when you are looking for Him. 

Does that sound strange? 

The same principle holds, you know, 
for more everyday matters.
Even in social life, 
you will never make a good impression on other people 
until you stop thinking about what sort of impression you are making. 

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about 
originality 
will ever be original 
whereas if you simply try to tell the truth 
you will, 
nine times out of ten, 
become original without ever having noticed it. 

The principle runs through all life from top to bottom, 

Give up yourself, 
and you will find your real self. 

Lose your life and you will save it. 

Submit to death, 
death of your ambitions and favorite wishes 
every day 
and death of your whole body in the end submit 
with every fibre of your being,
and you will find eternal life. 

Keep back nothing. 

Nothing that you have not given away will be really yours. 

Nothing in you that has not died will ever be raised from the dead. 

Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only
hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin, and decay. 

But look for Christ 
and you will find Him,
and with Him everything else thrown in.”
----------------------------------------------------------------
 Wait, doesn't Matthew say something about this too?
Matthew 10:39
Those who find their lives will lose them, 
and those who lose their lives 
because of me will find them. 


I really have nothing more to say,
The Bible and Lewis say it all... right there.
Lose yourself,
and you will find God.

Strive to know Thee,
not me.



 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment