photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Hear You in the Birds' Song.

This short poem was written, Tuesday, March 11th.,
one month since Grandma went home.

Words of my heart.

I Hear You in the Birds' Song.

It has been a lifetime since I saw you,
One month since you went away.
I'm trying to get by without shedding a tear,
But there hasn’t been a day.
I feel you in the wind when I run,
I hear you in the birds,
And see you in the daffodils,
Dancing in the sun.
But it doesn’t fill this hole,
The piece that is missing in my heart.
I don’t know if it well ever heal,
It has just completely fallen apart.
Mornings are difficult,
But nights are the worst.
I want to be complete again,
it hurts, it hurts, it hurts.
I take time each day to think of memories past,
Of conversations we had.
Like the ones where we spoke of God,
And how His love, it lasts.
You always knew the right words to say,
The words they flowed.
I never knew how or why,
But now I think I know...
This world needed people like you,
Giving, loving, kind.
To show us true love,
The kind that is hard to find.
There is comfort knowing you’re home,
Where there is no worries, no hurt, no end.
And I will continue to think of that every day,
Until we meet again.





 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg
 photo bloglovin_zps5c12587e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment