photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Childlike Faith

Today's post is inspired by a conversation I had last night, it is short and sweet just like my niece.

Five years ago this November I was blessed with one of the most precious gifts, my niece. Both of my nieces mean the world to me, but my little Emma Grace has taught me so much..Yes, she is four years old but she has shown me how to love.

I never knew how someone so small can have me wrapped around her little finger. Some of my sweetest memories belong to her. I could seriously go on about this little nugget all day, but I am trying to keep it short.

What I love about her is that I can get onto her (not very often of course) and she will come running up to me, the one who just got onto her..? It doesn't make sense does it? Even though she might know what she did was wrong she will still run up to me and want me to just hold her. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I never get 'mad' at her but just want her to understand right from wrong, so it means the world when she still runs to me. And she never questions me, it is pure and simply humbling to be that way. She understands that Auntie Aeron knows what is best for her.

In the bible it mentions several times how we should have the love and faith like a child. I never fully understood that until now. Lightbulb has gone off. Even though we might do something wrong God still wants us to run up to him and let him hold us in his loving arms.  And we should never question his love for us, we need to take it without hesitation, like a child.

You can take the passage in Mark about childlike faith in different ways..but this is how it made the most sense to me.

And I have to brag a little bit...isn't she one of the cutest things you have ever seen! This is her and me at her T-ball championship game, they won!

 
 
Mark 10:14-15 “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
 
Todays song Jesus Loves Me
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment