photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Thursday, August 1, 2013

If Nothing Changed We Wouldn't Have Butterflies.

I was at my new school this morning
when I saw this quote on the wall...
...
If nothing changed we wouldn't have butterflies.
...
How true.
....
New school? You may ask.
I have some beautiful news to share, I am the new Head Start teacher
at a wonderful Elementary school!
As a lot of you know, I tried pursuing a career in the military.
When that did not work out a career in teaching sort of 
fell into my path.
I could not be more thrilled!
This summer, oh, one to remember.
Honestly, I really struggled with trust,
trusting God and his plan.
I could not see the bigger picture.
Why had He changed my plans?
How could this be what is best?
I just didn't get it.
I kept trying to understand.
I don't know if I was meant to understand.
I had to learn patience in the waiting.
It was a roller coaster of emotions.
Every day of rejection felt like an eon!
I had no idea what kind of toll it would take.
Interview after interview, rejection after rejection...
my head was spinning
and my spirit was bruised.
But like every time before, I learned to cope.
I had finally found the peace..
and the not even a week later it happened.
Not only had I got the job,
but it was better than I had even imagined.
The school, the principal, the teachers
are all so wonderful!
You cannot wipe the smile off my face.
And I know God is smiling too,
He is looking down at me, knowing His daughter finally gets it.
I absolutely cannot wait to love on all my children!
I feel like I am adopting about 20 kids.
I no longer can question God.
He knows my heart's desires, even when I don't.
God has been planning and molding me for this specific path,
and He will continue to keep molding me along the way..
For the beautiful journey has not ended but just begun.
.....
To have the opportunity to influence the lives of children and show them love
for many years to come,
this is my hope
and this
is my rainbow!


 photo 1b88a4c6-1ece-4940-b3b4-9682ee6452e9_zps395bafe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment