photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Friday, December 21, 2012

Too Busy for God (Part 1)



I have found myself neglecting the blogosphere.

Christmas time seems to be the most busiest time of the year. I tend to make it too busy. The conclusion?... I put God on the back burner. It is evident in my lack of blogging.


When we are too exhausted on Sunday morning to go to church, it becomes a problem. Where are our priorities? Should we not live for God and make work, personal tasks, etc. the backburner of our life?

I do not think it is fair to God. Why should only spend time with Him only if there is 'extra' time and when life slows down.

Is this not the time of year we celebrate the most miraculous birth to have or will ever exist?

When a person's birth is celebrated every year, gifts our given. Let us give the gift of time to God when we celebrate this amazing Birthday and all year around for that matter.

Time is not only a Gift to God, but crucial for our on being.

Here are some wise words from C.S. Lewis...

             "The first step is to recognize the fact that your moods change. The next is to make sure that, if you have accepted Christianity, then some of its main doctrines shall be deliberately held before your mind for some time every day. That is why daily prayers and religious readings and Church-going are necessary parts of the Christian life. We have to be continually reminded of what we believe! Neither this belief nor any other will automatically remain alive in the mind. It must be fed." --Mere Christianity
 
Here is a link to Part 2 on my blog.  It is good stuff, please read! You will be astounded.

Luke 10 : 38-42 Says:As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

"Lose My Soul" Toby Mac

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment