photo 25e14650-b8aa-478c-8eb6-4ff9b84f9500_zps11748770.jpg

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Just Ask.

 He was walking slower than the other kids and
falling behind.
I could tell he was trying to keep up,
but he just wasn't capable.
All I wanted to do was carry him....
 .................................
James 1:5-8
If anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask God,
who gives generously to all without reproach, 
and it will be given to him.
 But let him ask 
with faith, without doubt, for the one who doubts
is like a wave of the sea
driven and tossed by the wind.
For that person must not suppose he
will receive anything from the Lord,
he is a double-minded man,
unstable in all his ways.
........................
I watched yesterday as one of my students, who
is handicapped, walked down the hallway
back to my classroom.
He was in the very back of the line when I noticed him.
I paused to wait for him and slowly walked beside the 10 year old.
As kids crowded the hallway
He was trying to fight through and 
the other students seemed to distract him from taking more steps.
I wanted nothing more than to just pick him up
and carry him.
Of course, I can't do that as his teacher
and surely it would have embarrassed him.
But my heart hurt for the boy, 
and if he would have asked to be carried
I would have done so.
.............................
James was an incredibly wise person,
he was Jesus' younger brother of course.
He is no doubtingly my favorite character in the Bible.
James verses about asking God and it will be given to you
stick with me.
Isn't it possibly so parallel that God just wants to pick us up 
and carry us?
When he sees and stumbling
and fighting the crowd,
he just wants to grab our hands
and guide us through the chaos. 
He just wants to be asked.
............................
3 weeks from today it will be a year since Grandma
went home.
It is strangely surreal and still hard to fathom.
I know I will never "get used" to her being gone.
This year has been a roller coaster of emotions and 
I cannot help but wonder how it really affected me.
I'm digging deep but find myself not really knowing.
I would like to say I have grown tremendously,
I mean, I have seen death.
That would change a person right?
I am looking through foggy windows
because of all the emotions that have
resurfaced with her anniversary coming up.
I relate so much to the wave in the verses I shared...
"driven and tossed by the wind".
I'm feeling seasick right now.
There were many times this year
I seeked wisdom or needed to be carried.
But I forgot one thing,
to ask.
It is really simple.
Only I think back to when I was a kid
......
How am I going to ask mom and dad
I want to go to my friends this weekend?
Ugh,  I don't want to ask!
They will probably say no!
They might get mad for me asking!
They might turn into freddy cougar and kill me!
....Yeah, I was terrified when I had
to ask my parents,
anything!
Usually the worse thing they would say or do,
was just say 'no'. Most of the time they said yes!
I just was filled with doubt.
Maybe I didn't want to set myself up for disappoint.
I don't know!
Anyway, I have gotten into such a bad habit of not asking
anyone for anything..for fear of let down
I have forgotten that God wants and needs to be asked.
He is up there like "Hello, I'm hear, what's the deal?
Can you just ask me already?!"
..it even says,
"ask God WHO GIVES GENEROUSLY
without reproach, and IT WILL BE GIVEN unto him."
..but ask "with faith," and "no doubts"
Of course James was talking about wisdom hear. 
But there are several verses that compare.
Matt. 7:7
...Ask and it shall be given unto you.
...Knock and the door shall be open.
So not only does the Bible say it once but multiple
times to 
Just ask.
So let's do it.
Let us end on this sweet 
and profound note.
I know God doesn't always answer or give us
in the exact way we planned though...
But hear is something I'm sure you have heard before
and I have shared in past blogs.
3 ways God answers prayers:
1. YES!
2. NOT YET!
3. I have something better in mind...
Love you much for reading...
Aeron.
Oh, the picture is of my two precious nieces, Emma and Aubrey.
I took this before Christmas.
Enchanting, right?

1 comment:

  1. Aeron, if I understand correctly, you think that the boy was just too shy to ask to be carried?
    I was scared and continue to be because I was raised in a hostile environment, I do not know if the same applies to you, after all child personality development is pretty much over at 5 and neuroplasticity allows you to reshape yourself but it can be damaged by abuse and that includes spanking and yelling.

    ReplyDelete